Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Motive for Moving?

Ah, Thanksgiving Day (or any vacation day for that matter). What a wonderful opportunity to do nothing all day…or so I thought. After laying in my bed and watching the clock tick the morning away, I started to feel kinda bad. Not the kind of bad that made me feel like I was missing something by laying in bed all morning, but the kind of bad that starts with a small pain in your head and soon increases in intensity as you continue to let the day slip away while you do nothing. I had received a headache simply for staying in bed too long that morning.

It seems to me that the reaction my body had to laying around all day is one that God instilled in us from the day He created man. God did not create us so that we would be idle, and do nothing all day. God created us to go out and do things in the world, specifically, things that would bring Him glory. Try as I might, I can not think of any way in which laying in bed all thanksgiving day would bring glory to our Creator. If God is calling out to me to go and do things in the world that will bring him glory, who am I to keep him waiting…vacation day or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home