Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Whistle While You...Break???

I find it funny how many people make comments to me about how much time I spend at my job. Perhaps it comes from a well meaning idea that I must have some other great plans that I have so graciously declined to attend due to the over abundance of work there is to be done. I agree with the latterhalf, because there is always more work to be done in the kingdom of God, but the former leaves me pondering. I am told that there is no greater joy than to be in a position that allows you to be working for God on a daily basis; if this is true, then why would anyone be concerned that I take regular breaks for this highly rewarding task set before me?

Could it be that even in the community bubble we call church, that people still consider earthly work and kingdom work two seperate entities? I propose that kingdom work be of such a high importance that it spill over into the earthly. For me this may be a simple thing, for I happen to work in the church bubble. For those less fortunate, their aim should be to dedicate their workplace for the kingdom of God and always keep in mind whom it is they are trying to please, God himself. I have no doubt that if you have been convicted that you are "working for the Lord and not for man," success and job satisfaction will follow. Breaks are always welcome, but don't be surprised to find someone with this conviction working extra hard or even putting in a few extra hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home